"At the center of the universe is a loving heart that continues to beat and that wants the best for every person. Anything we can do to help foster the intellect and spirit and emotional growth of our fellow human beings, that is our job. Those of us who have this particular vision must continue against all odds. Life is for service." ~Mr. Fred Rogers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome

Well, here it is! I finally have my blog set up! This is something that I wanted to do for a while now, but also wanted to spend time on, being intentional about it. It's a way for anybody to follow my journey while I served in Ukraine with the Peace Corps. I will try to post on some sort of regular basis, but who really knows if that is going to happen. There are just so many unknowns out there, and my internet availability is most definitely one of them. But, after lots of research and communication with other PCV (Peace Corps Volunteers), I think I will have access at least weekly, if not more often.

I have a month left here at home, and am so looking forward to spending that time with family and friends, eating peaches, and packing. Not necessarily in that order, but maybe some at the same time! I will also post soon about what I've been up to since graduation. It was too incredible of an experience not to at least TRY to put into words.

So, I welcome you with an open heart and sincere appreciation to my journey, and I thank you for joining me on it. What a blessed life I have had the last 22 years, and I cannot wait to get started serving, and be served, in Ukraine.

До наступної зустрічі (I think that's "Until next time" in Ukraine. I can't wait to return back to this post and see how very wrong I was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment