"At the center of the universe is a loving heart that continues to beat and that wants the best for every person. Anything we can do to help foster the intellect and spirit and emotional growth of our fellow human beings, that is our job. Those of us who have this particular vision must continue against all odds. Life is for service." ~Mr. Fred Rogers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Setting Sail!


Mr. Benjamin as Prince Roman from Kolky and
Lena, my Language Teacher in Training
who had a new group Swearing in!
Tonight I leave on the train to Kyiv and tomorrow I fly to Oslo to board my cruise on Saturday! I will sleep on a train tonight, at a Latvian airport tomorrow, and a bed on a boat on Saturday...what is my life!? I'm really excited to see Kirsten and the entire Lindholm clan, plus a few friends of theirs. And I guess I'm a little excited to spend some time at sea and exploring new places as well! I'm not exactly sure of when I'll be at the following locations, but here's a rough itinerary: Oslo, Norway --> St. Petersburg, Russia --> Helsinki, Finland --> Copenhagen, Denmark --> Oslo, Sweden. I'll return on the 4th of July and head straight to Ukrainian Language Refresher until the 10th. On the 14th I leave for Greece, but I'm not trying to get too ahead of myself just yet.                                                     
Life hasn't really slowed down since I got back from Kyiv. I've been playing football and Frisbee with student/friends, doing laundry like a mad man, giving my flat a deep clean, and packing. I think this is the most my life has been 'in-order' in a while, but I think it's just the calm before the storm. Here are a few photos from this week. Notice (the last three) what I woke up to this morning. Usually it's a rooster giving a holler, but not today...                                                                                                                          
Prayers would be apprecaited for safe travels. I'll post when I return!                                                                                                                                                      Peace be the journey.
A HUGE PC Birthday Cake! Happy 50th!

Celebrating:
1) Summer;
2) Not being the Newbies;
3) 1/3 of Service Completed! (9 months!?!?!

Grace, Asia, and Egle with their mojitos

Jon, Ashley, and Myself

Taras Shevchenko and his namesake park on a beautiful day.
"Борітеся - поборете,
Вам Бог помагає,
За вас слава, за вас правда
І воля святая!"
~Т.Г. Шевченко


 "Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions,
slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures."
-- John F. Kennedy

An interesting wake up call

Drive through window!



More carrots please!

No comments:

Post a Comment