"At the center of the universe is a loving heart that continues to beat and that wants the best for every person. Anything we can do to help foster the intellect and spirit and emotional growth of our fellow human beings, that is our job. Those of us who have this particular vision must continue against all odds. Life is for service." ~Mr. Fred Rogers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Good Type of Busy

Spending a long weekend in Kyiv, enjoying the fast paced city life, different tastes of food, and visiting with friends. Friday I had a Volunteer Advisory Council (VAC) meeting with the staff, where I was elected President of Volunteers. I'm very excited for new role but the added responsibilities are going to require a lot of time management. Between living the ultimate Ukrainian life in Kolky, teaching, English Clubs, starting community projects, and now VAC President, I have a feeling that life is going to be even busier!

Question: What would make an awesome and busy life even better and busier?

Answer: Puppies

We are curious puppies!

A few weeks back my little Myxa was given to a really nice family and my life was without a puppy. Well, Monday that all changed when the Bus Driver of my school came to my house with these two little balls of energy and joy. At first I was quite overwhelmed and a little unsure about such a drastic decision being made for me, but after talking with the right people (everybody at my school) we decided that it might be a great idea!

Via (the darker brown one) and Scout (the white one) are so wonderful. They are so excited to see me every time I come home and are going to make this winter so much more fun! My students are ready and willing to help out when I need some dog sitters, and my school kitchen lets me get the students scraps to feed them every day. These two little ladies will never be short of food or love, that's for sure!

I'm headed towards home tonight (Saturday) on the overnight train, and am working with Melissa (Volunteer Queen of the West/Lutsk) at her student leadership retreat. Then, tomorrow afternoon, I'll be back with my little girls and braving the cold. It snowed earlier today back in Kolky, so I'm starting to get into Winter survival mode. I'll be back in Kyiv next weekend for another meeting, and then starting a week of Fall Break travels. Even though the temperature may be dropping, the schedule sure isn't stopping!

My little Via

Scout, melting hearts right and left.

Via racing to attack the camera.

Scout...always curious and always exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment